Climate Law Fellow (2016-18)
Phone: (212) 854-0088
Romany Webb joined the Sabin Center in September 2016 as a Climate Law Fellow. Romany’s work at the Sabin Center focuses on climate change mitigation. She researches domestic policies aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting carbon sequestration.
Prior to joining the Sabin Center, Romany worked at the University of California Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute, researching executive authority to combat climate change. Romany also completed a fellowship with the Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Energy, Law, and Business at the University of Texas at Austin, where she researched energy policy, with a focus on options for minimizing the climate and other environmental impacts of energy development. The fellowship followed several years working in private practice in Sydney, Australia.
Romany received an LL.M., with a certificate of specialization in environmental law, from the University of California, Berkeley in 2013. She also holds an LL.B., awarded with first class honors, from the University of New South Wales (Australia).
- Climate Change Impacts on the Bulk Power System (with Justin Gundlach) (Sabin Center White Paper, February 2018)
- “Methane,” in Legal Pathways to Deep Decarbonization in the U.S. (Michael Gerrard and John Dernbach eds., forthcoming 2018)
- “Production and Delivery of Low-Carbon Gaseous Fuels,” in Legal Pathways to Deep Decarbonization in the U.S. (Michael Gerrard and John Dernbach eds., forthcoming 2018)
- Distributed Energy Resource Participation in Wholesale Markets (with Justin Gundlach) (Energy Law Journal, under review)
- Carbon Pricing in New York ISO Markets (with Justin Gundlach) (Pace Environmental Law Review, forthcoming 2018)
- Policy Readiness for Offshore Carbon Dioxide Storage in the Northeast (with Michael Gerrard) (Sabin Center White Paper, June 2017)
- Increasing Gasoline Octane Levels to Reduce Vehicle Emissions (Sabin Center White Paper, Jan. 2017)
- Safety First, Environment Last: Improving Regulation of Gas Pipeline Leaks (KBH Center for Energy, Law, and Business, Sep. 2015)
- EPA’s Clean Power Plan: Implementation Options (KBH Center for Energy, Law, and Business, June 2015) (co-authored with Melinda Taylor)
- Lost But Not Forgotten: The Hidden Environmental Costs of Compensating Pipelines for Natural Gas Losses (KBH Center for Energy, Law, and Business, Apr. 2015)
- “Water,” in The Laws of Australia (Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG ed., Thompson Reuters Australia, 2015)
- Addressing Climate Change Without Legislation (Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute, Aug. 2014) (co-authored with Steven Weissman)
- Australian Water Law (Thompson Reuters Australia, 2015) (co-authored with Kate Stoeckel, Luke Woodward, & Amy Hankinson)