Climate Legislation Tracker—Other
House of Representatives
H.R.1341 – Establishing Public Accountability Act of 2011 – requires EPA to identify the net change in domestic jobs that is likely to result due to the adoption of a proposed rule. [H.R.1341]
- On April 4, 2011, this bill was introduced in the House.
- On April 4, 2011, this bill was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
S.609 – Comprehensive Assessment of Regulations on the Economy Act of 2011 – Establishes a “Cumulative Regulatory Assessment Committee” to assess the direct and indirect impacts of EPA or State regulations promulgated on or subsequent to January 1, 2010 that implement certain provision under the CAA, including greenhouse gas emissions under Titles I, II, and V of the CAA, on (1) employment; (2) economic development; (3) the electric power sector, including energy security and retail electricity rates; (4) the domestic refining and petrochemical sector; (5) State and local governments; (6) small businesses; (7) agriculture; and (8) energy-intensive, trade-exposed industry. [S.609]
- On March 17, 2011, this bill was introduced in the Senate.
- On March 17, 2011, this bill was referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.
S.493 – SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 – Reauthorizes the Small Business Innovation Research and the Small Business Technology Transfer programs of the Small Business Administration. However, an amendment to this bill [S.AMDT.183 (see S1642)], proposed by Senator McConnell (R-KY), prohibits the EPA from promulgating any “regulation concerning, taking action relating to, or taking into consideration the emission of a greenhouse gas to address climate change.” McConnell’s amendment is identical to the Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 introduced by Senator Inhofe on March 3, 2011. In addition, Senator Baucus (D-MT) has proposed an amendment [S.AMDT.236 (see S1763)] that would exempt relatively small stationary source emitters from EPA greenhouse gas regulations. Senator Rockefeller (D-WV) has also submitted an amendment identical to his proposal from earlier in the year instituting a two year moratorium on EPA regulation of greenhouse gases [S.AMDT.215 (see S1686)]. [S.493]
- On March 3, 2011, this bill was introduced in the Senate.
- On March 3, 2011, this bill was referred to the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
- On March 3, 2011, the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship ordered this bill to be reported with amendments.
- On March 15, 2011, S.AMDT.183 was proposed by Senator McConnell.
- On March 15, 2011, S.AMDT.215 was proposed by Senator Rockefeller.
- On March 16, 2011, S.AMDT.236 was proposed by Senator Baucus.
- On April 6, 2011, S.AMDT.183, which was proposed by Senator McConnell, was rejected.
- On April 6, 2011, S.AMDT.215, which was proposed by Senator Rockefeller, was rejected.
- On April 6, 2011, S.AMDT.236, which was proposed by Senator Baucus, was rejected.
- On May 4, 2011, cloture on this bill was not invoked in Senate by a Yea-Nays vote of 52-44